Selling or buying your home at the Right Price

Selling or buying your home at the Right Price
Fair Market Value is always the Right Price

Monday, December 5, 2011

Short Sale or Foreclosure?

Troubled sellers often ask me; "Since I do not have any equity, why should I go thru the hassle of a Short Sale when I can do a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure or just let my home go to Sheriff Sale/Foreclosure?" Here is the big reason why it is better to do a Short Sale. Either option will adversely effect your credit score however a Short Sale will have less impact and recovery time will be shorter.
Short Sale = about 150-200 points off your credit score and recovery time = 24 months
Foreclosure or Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure = 250+ points off your credit score and recovery time = 60 months

No comments :

Post a Comment